Hosting the Family this Holiday Season? New Homes in Sonders Fort Collins Are Perfect for Entertaining
The new homes in Sonders Fort Collins are designed to make you the host with the most. Open-concept floor plans with seamless layouts and plenty of thoughtfully allotted space mean that your guests will be comfortable and you can host a stress-free holiday.
Sonders Fort Collins: New Home Designs for Hosting
Thrive Home Builders and Bridgewater Homes each bring collections of new home designs to Sonders Fort Collins that are intended to be functional for your lifestyle – and that includes the way you host guests and entertain. The way a home is designed can either work for you or against you when the family comes rolling in on Christmas Eve, and the homes at Sonders Fort Collins are designed to work for you.
Thrive Home Builders offers two collections of single-family homes and one collection of single-level townhomes at Sonders Fort Collins. All of the Thrive homes at Sonders Fort Collins make the most of main-level living: safety and comfort for guests of all ages and a flowing, seamless layout that encourages gathering and merriment.
The Concord Patio homes by Thrive offer an array of customization options that can create space for a visit from the entire extended family. The detached casita in the Retreat floor plan is perfect for a visit from the in-laws, and the Concord collection also has options for a 300 square-foot accessory unit complete with an additional living room and kitchenette. These new home designs offer more space, which means everyone can be comfortable and make more holiday memories together.
The Harmony Courtyard Homes by Thrive offer similar options for additional space in a more low-maintenance concept. Add a third bedroom, living and dining area to these two-bedroom homes with the addition of a second level coach house.
The plans in the Parkview Villas collection are designed for joyful, busy holiday parties. Invite friends and family over for a festive gathering where they can mingle in the roomy dining area or around the large kitchen island. The spacious porches at the front of the home not only offer additional outdoor gathering space, but also create a classic, cozy look that shows guests they are welcome before they even walk through the door.
The spacious ranch-style new home designs by Bridgewater Homes are curated for the best entertaining experience from front to back.
The living areas designed by Bridgewater are open and inviting with luxury finishes, and the outdoor spaces are expansive with plenty of additional gathering room.
The seven diverse plans offered by Bridgewater at Sonders allow you to personalize your entertaining experience, with a layout to match every kind of host. Many of the plans offer the option for a finished basement, allowing even more space for your guests to spread out, mingle, and enjoy time together or some additional privacy.
Five Holiday Hosting Tips for a Seamless Family Visit
If you’re hosting family from out of town this holiday season, here are some tips for a relaxing stay – both for you and your overnight guests:
- Plan some easy group meals and snacks. Make and freeze some soup or chili, or buy a few frozen pizzas, and make sure the pantry is stocked with plenty of snacks. If you forget anything and find yourself in need of last minute supplies (even the host with the most is human, after all), the convenient location of Sonders Fort Collins means you’re just minutes from Old Town Fort Collins and less than 10 minutes from a King Soopers Marketplace.
- Offer your guests as much independence as possible. Set your guests up for success – and reduce the stress of hosting – by outfitting their rooms with things they might need. Provide them with a water pitcher and glasses, some snacks, and maybe a tea kettle and some beverage options if they don’t want to come out of their room first-thing for coffee.
- Make sure the tech is all set. Upon arrival, help your guests get connected to the wifi. Also write down the wifi password somewhere in their room and provide an accessible power strip so they can stay charged up for their visit.
- Put extras in obvious places. Spare towels, sheets, blankets, pillows – all of this is probably tucked away in a closet somewhere. When your guests are here, make sure they know where they can find these extras if they need them (or put them out in an obvious place). The same goes for essentials like toilet paper.
- Make time for yourself. Especially if a large number of family members are coming to your home for the holidays, carve out some private time for yourself to relax and recharge. You’ll be a better host for it. And with the thoughtfully designed home plans at Sonders Fort Collins, it won’t be difficult to steal away to a private, quiet part of the house for a little “you” time.
If you’re looking for some great make-ahead meals for your holiday visitors, bookmark this collection of recipes from Martha Stewart. From lasagna to beef stew to butternut squash soup, you can fill your refrigerator with dishes that will keep your guests fed and happy, without too much effort on your part.
The holiday season is approaching fast, but may still possible to make a new home in Sonders Fort Collins yours before the guests arrive. Quick move-in homes with all the entertainment-focused design features you need are available from both Bridgewater and Thrive – check out our Available Homes page to learn more.